Business Start-up Support
“Go For It Programme”
We'll help you develop your business plan that will drive your business forward.
The Go For It Programme will assist you with developing a business plan. A business plan is a written document that describes your business. It covers objectives, strategies, sales, marketing and financial forecasts.
A business plan helps you to:
- clarify your business idea
- spot potential problems
- set out your goals
- measure your progress
- access finance to start and grow your business
To be eligible for Go For It you must be either:
- At the pre-start stage of starting your business
- Within the first 6 months of starting your business
To register your interest in this programme please email email@example.com
Business Funding Options
Loan Funding for new and existing businesses
- Start Up Loans
- NI Small Business Loan Fund
For more information on both start up loans and small business loans please see https://www.enterpriseni.com/what-we-do/loan-funding
Business Growth Programmes
The Co-Innovate programme is a cross border research and innovation (R&I) initiative funded under the European INTERREG VA Programme.
The programme aims to increase the proportion of SMEs engaged in cross-border research and innovation in the Interreg eligible region of Northern Ireland, Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland. The programme brings together these regions’ key development agencies to deliver a programme aligned with each government’s strategic priorities. In Northern Ireland key elements of Co-innovate will be delivered by Enterprise NI and its member Local Enterprise Agencies. In the Border Region of Ireland this support will be delivered by the Local Enterprise Offices in Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Cavan, Monaghan and Louth.
It is widely recognised that innovation is a critical driver to competitiveness and growth. A survey carried out by InterTradeIreland across the eligible region showed that nearly 50% of SMEs are not innovation active. Each of the three jurisdictions aim to increase business expenditure on R&I and increase the number of firms innovating. The Co-Innovate programme intends to complement and support this aim and will target SMEs in the manufacturing and tradable services sector.
The new partnership, led by InterTradeIreland, has developed an integrated programme of support and will run until early 2022. There are five key strands of activity that will engage with over 1,408 SMEs providing education and capability development support tailored to their needs.
An SMEs first formal engagement with the Co-Innovate programme will be to undertake a newly developed R&I diagnostic toolkit the ‘Innovation Ready Reckoner’. This will be conducted to assess the company’s current position in terms of innovation. A series of workshops will be delivered at different times and locations throughout the first 3 years of the programme. They will be delivered by Innovation Experts familiar with the challenges facing SMEs.
Successful companies will undertake a detailed Business Status Review. After a selection process, companies will progress to a comprehensive Innovation Audit.
Enterprise-specific action plans will be designed for each company progressing to Strand 3. These action plans will concentrate on developing Research & Innovation capabilities. Up to 10 days intensive mentoring will be provided to address specific challenges.
Companies will have the opportunity to engage in a cross-border R&I partnership involving their company, a research institute and an intern over a 12 month period; and
Sector-specific networks and partnerships involving enterprises and research institutes will be established.
To register your interest in this programmes please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is it for?
- Any business which has been trading for more than 6 months (i.e. those not eligible for the Northern Ireland Business Start Programme)
- Businesses that are applying for funding from Investors, Banks, Invest NI or any other Government Agencies
- Business owners who want clarity on how to run their business profitability.
How does it work?
- You will work with a Business Consultant who will carry out an assessment of your business performance over the last 2 years including sales, debts, profit, costs and return on investment.
- We then compile and present a list of options available to you to improve the performance of the business. From that, decisions can be made as to what is the best strategic way forward.
Working with the owner/manager, Mallusk Enterprise Park will draft a 2 - 3 year Business Plan that will include:
- Executive summary - An executive summary is a one or two page summary of your entire business plan.
- Business description - Products and services, Sales and marketing, Operations, Management team, Development, Financial summary.
The cost is dependent upon the scale of the research required. We provide you with a written quotation prior to the commencement of any work.
A fully thought out Business Plan that reduces the risk of business failure A document that will give direction and motivation to you and your staff. A tool to lever finance from banks and funders.
Why choose Mallusk Enterprise Park?
Mallusk Enterprise Park boasts a number of experienced Consultants across a large number of sectors. Once we receive your request for Business Consultancy you will be matched to an appropriate Consultant in your field of work.
For further information on Business Consultancy services offered by us please contact our Business Support Team on 028 90838860 or email email@example.com
The OPTIMAL Programme
This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.
The OPTIMAL (Outstanding Performance Through Individual Mentoring And Leadership) Programme is Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council’s principal business support and growth programme. It provides tailored and specialist business support to micro and small enterprises to support the development of a more prosperous economy within the council area.
The OPTIMAL programme aims to:
- Support the creation of new sustainable jobs in the council area
- Refer businesses to Invest NI that are capable of accessing financial support from Invest NI.
- Strengthen the local business base by assisting businesses to become more competitive in indigenous and export markets
- Promote business growth and innovation
- Provide accessible, need driven business support that is tailored to business requirements
- Engage with key business support stakeholders to develop a portfolio approach to business support in the council area, ensuring that there is no duplication of effort.
For further information on the OPTIMAL programme offered by us please contact our Business Support Team on 028 90838860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring Enterprise Programme
The Exploring Enterprise Programme is a free special support initiative aimed at helping unemployed or economically inactive individuals improve their employment prospects as well as exploring potential self-employment opportunities.
The course provides one-to-one tailored business mentoring support, with the opportunity to work towards achieving an accredited QCF Level 1 Qualification in Understanding Business Enterprise.
Participants will get the opportunity to visit local businesses and work as part of a team to develop business skills and knowledge.
This is an Enterprise Northern Ireland initiative which is part funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund Programme 2014 – 2020, the Department for the Economy, Local Enterprise Agencies and Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council.
For more information on the Exploring Enterprise Programme please contact Mallusk Enterprise Park Ltd on 028 9083 8860 or email email@example.com.